A Message from AAFF on the COVID-19 Virus
With the 58th Ann Arbor Film Festival set to launch and the COVID-19 virus on the horizon, we want to assure you that we are staying updated about the issues, especially readiness concerns for gathering in public places.
We are working in concert with the Michigan Theater and following the CDC, state, and local government recommended precautionary measures for minimizing the spread of the virus to ensure a healthy and safe festival week. For now, all systems are go and the 58th Ann Arbor Film Festival will proceed as planned.
Given the circumstances, AAFF is taking the following measures based on the CDC guidelines to ensure a healthy and safe festival week:
1) We’re coordinating with the Michigan Theater for best practices to maintain a healthy environment. The front-of-house staff is taking necessary precautions such as wiping down cash registers, door handles, surfaces, etc. with bleach and water in between each movie set.
2) Employees and volunteers who are experiencing any symptoms associated with Coronavirus will remain at home.
3) Monitoring public health recommendations from appropriate governmental agencies daily.
As attendees of AAFF, you can help us keep our community healthy by following these simple preventative measures:
1) If you are sick, please stay home. Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
2) Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. Wash your hands before touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
4) Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
3) Continue to monitor public health messaging from reliable resources such as the CDC and the Department of Health & Human Services.
We will keep you updated if anything changes and we're excited for a healthy and safe festival week.