AAFF OPERATIONS MANAGER POSITION OPENING
ANN ARBOR FILM FESTIVAL
Founded in 1963, the Ann Arbor Film Festival (AAFF) became a non-profit in 1980. The mission of our organization is to support bold, visionary filmmakers, advance the art form of film and new media, and engage communities with remarkable cinematic experiences.
The AAFF is the longest-running independent and experimental film festival in North America, and is internationally recognized as a premiere forum for avant-garde filmmakers. We prominently feature the work of independent artists making short films, crossing boundaries, breaking expectations and experimenting with concepts and techniques. The six-day festival presents 40 programs with more than 200 films from over 20 countries of all lengths and genres, including experimental, animation, documentary, fiction, and performance-based works.
This member of the Festival team plans, directs and coordinates the functional area of operations and manages administrative activities. Self-motivated and self-starting, the Operations Manager improves productivity and efficiency of Festival systems and processes. Duties include supervising contract workers and interns, the Operations Manager is expected to both provide direction and take direction. Works closely with Executive Director and staff to cooperatively support and improve the Festival.
• Administrative Responsibilities - Manage day to day office activities; order festival merchandise, manage all sales
• Operational Responsibilities - Manage festival projects including production of DVD and implementation of touring program; manage call for entries and submissions, coordinate screening process, manage AAFF website
• Financial - Organize financial information for weekly CPA sessions; assist in tracking and management of payables and receivables; participate in oversight of budget
• Human Resources - Work with ED to hire, train and supervise student interns; manage seasonal employees
• Communication - Support internal and external communications; assist ED with donor and membership correspondence and follow-up; compose and contribute to AAFF Newsletter and other marketing initiatives
• Data Management - Manage all Festival data including design and update of databases; supervise submission data base entry; manage data migration to annual festival website; prepare bulk mailings for donors, filmmakers, members, etc.
• Proven working experience as operations manager
• Adequate knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
• Budget development and oversight experience
• Basic IT skills (databases, MS Office etc)
• Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interface with management, staff, volunteers and AAFF Board.
• Leadership and organizational skills
• Self reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
• Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical operations and administrative initiatives.
• Experience with File Maker Pro, Google Docs, Powerpoint, Open Office a plus
• Bachelor's degree in related field or 3 to 5 years relevant work experience.
Ann Arbor Film Festival provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition. We will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
To apply send resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
Position open until filled; start date is March 1, 2016.